Sunday, March 29, 2009

LaPorte House



This is a painting I have had in the Studio for a long time. The first time I showed the piece was at the Ste Genevieve Christmas Art Show in 2007. This is a 24" x 20" oil painting. The top picture shows the piece unfinished just before the 2007 show in the palette I had originally used. I have gotten a lot of positive comments on the finished painting over the months, however, I have never been quite happy with it, nor has it sold. In the first place, the painting was started as a plein air painting with the summer sun directly overhead. I have never liked that kind of lighting for a painting, and most painters agree. So, I snapped some pictures of the same house in the late afternoon sun. As I rework the painting, I am considering that lighting.

No comments: