Saturday, March 28, 2009

Taking Stock



In order to complete my paintings for this new show, opening in a month, I needed to see what materials I had on hand. Being unemployed, I must make do with what I have on hand. As far as blank canvas, I have two 2-1/2" deep gallery mounted canvases, a 22" x 28" and a 30" x 40". I have three 16" x 20", and twenty smaller sizes. I have a bucket of acrylic gesso. I also have ten older paintingsI can finish or rework to correct problems I see in them. I also have watercolor paper with which I can make some work. I have a large stock of photos I have taken. So, potentially, using all of the canvases on hand, I could create 40 new pieces or 6200 square inches of paint to push. I am potentially, at a low $1 a square inch, creating @ $6,000 of inventory.

My next step is to inventory my photos and ideas and mate those to the canvases and create the sketches for the new paintings. That's today's work. It's raining, so I won't be disturbed by too many people walking in from Main Street.

No comments: