Saturday, June 28, 2008

Commissions - huh?


In the last week (twice today), I have been commissioned to make three paintings!

The first commission came last weekend. A Ste Genevieve resident came into the Studio with two of her friends. They talked to me about painting a picture of her home. I offered to take some pictures of the house in the morning light. The next day, her friend came in and commissioned me to do a 10¨ x 14¨ oil painting of the house. I am still working on getting the right picture with the right light.

Today, a couple staying at a local B&B came in and looked at a 12¨x 14¨ painting I had started last fall of the B&B they were staying in. They asked me to paint the same scene in a 5¨x 7¨ size. We agreed on a price and a two week time frame. I finished the painting today! It sold for $50 framed.

Later, another couple from New Jersey came into the Studio. Their daughter was performing in a musical in town at the Orris Theater. They want a watercolor of the theater explaining that they have a wall of mementos of all the places their daughter performed.

This was a week of commissions! I haven't been commissioned since I was twelve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats mike! that's awesome!

Anonymous said...

Mike, congratulations on your 3 commissions!

Terry Fortman